"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." - Henry David Thoreau


I know I said "blog like no one is reading" but it's nice to know these people are

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Brother and Sisters

First, a point of procedure - I apologize for any abrupt endings to posts(like yesterday's) and the lack of graphics. I am posting from my blackberry which does not have a camera and I don't know how to link to other blogs, so for the next few weeks you will have to be patient and I promise to link to all of you, repeatedly after Labour Day.

So, back to the topic at hand - How do families with boys and girls spend their time together? Today we ran into another family at the local farmer's market. They have rented a cottage and are spending two weeks "en famille" meaning it is just Mum, Dad, son and daughter. The kids are 11 and 9 and they don't know anyone else on the lake.

I am at a bit of a loss as to what they do all day. My boys wake up too early and bicker over who woke up first. Then they disagree over what to have for breakfast (I am not running a diner) then they fight over whether to play soccer, or catch frogs, go fishing or go for a swim. Tough life, I know but they still fight - constantly and physically. I can't imagine our friends' son and daughter spending every waking minute going at it while their parents enjoy the peace and quiet of the lake.

I know lots of you have various computations and permutations and family dynamics. Please, as a MOB I know I am not alone, but here's hoping that even mothers of sons and daughters are pulling their hair out as we reach the mid way point of the summer.

1 comment:

  1. MOB!! I like it! My boys drive me nuts. They do not get along at all. The older one hates the younger one. He has hated him since he was born. Does not like sharing me at all!! I am thinking about sending the younger one to a different high school. Just to give them both some space. Remember summer is almost over :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin