"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." - Henry David Thoreau


I know I said "blog like no one is reading" but it's nice to know these people are

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Getting Crafty

Two summers ago my mother sold her parents cottage and in the clean out process I came home with a bag of old wool blankets. I said then that I was going to turn them into pillows and now, two and a half years later I have. Hopefully I can post photos of the others that my grandmother wrote her name in black marker across the Hudson's Bay Company label on - twice. They are the perfect gift for my Mum and aunt who never want anything.

4 comments:

  1. I have one of those Hudson Bay blankets at the cottage - perhaps I should preserve it. But since I’m not at all crafty, preserving it to me = stop using it.

    (Just bought some beach towels with the Hudson Bay colours as Xmas gifts.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making pillows from the blankets is a great idea! A nice memory and it's practical- what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are fun but I have used up all the ends with the stripes on them, not sure what to do with the leftover scraps - exfoliation cloths maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do!!! I love the idea of making pillows from blankets. Double the comfyness lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin