"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." - Henry David Thoreau


I know I said "blog like no one is reading" but it's nice to know these people are

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why we loved the Queen Mum



"Wouldn't it be terrible if you'd spent all your life doing everything you were supposed to do, didn't drink, didn't smoke, didn't eat things, took lots of exercise, and suddenly, one day, you were run over by a big red bus and, as the wheels were crunching into you, you'd say, "Oh my God, I could have got so drunk last night." That's the way you should live your life, as if tomorrow you'll be run over by a big red bus."


- Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother, quoted by Michael Parker in
Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother: The Official Biography

1 comment:

  1. Love this!
    Perhaps it’s not too late to change my ways – start living on the edge! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin